The Journal of Construction is aimed at professionals, constructors, academics, researchers, companies, architects, engineers, and anyone who wishes to expand and update their knowledge about construction. We therefore invite all researchers, academics, and professionals to send their contributions for assessment and possible publication in this journal.
The objectives of the Journal of Construction are:
1. To disseminate new knowledge in all areas related to construction (Building, Civil Works, Materials, Business, Education, etc.).
2. To provide professionals in the area with material for discussion to refresh and update their knowledge.
3. To disseminate new applied technologies in construction nationally and internationally.
4. To provide national and foreign academics with an internationally endorsed medium in which to share their knowledge and debate the topics raised.
TOPICS COVERED BY THE JOURNAL
General specialties of the Journal of Construction:
1. CIVIL WORKS/BUILDING: Road infrastructure (Highways, Roads, Bridges, Tunnels, Paving), Building (at height/Extension), Social Housing, Airports, Water Works, Port Works, Industrial Works, Construction, Concession System,
Maintenance, Infrastructure, Recycling.
2. SUSTAINABILITY: Energy Efficiency, Engineering, Sustainability, Renewable Energy, Energy Modeling and Simulation (Building Performance Simulation), Habitability, Life-Cycle Assessment, Certification Systems for Environmental Quality and Energy Efficiency.
3. MANAGEMENT: Construction & Project Management, Construction Innovation, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Construction Management, Quality Management, Risk Management, Innovation in Construction, Strategy in Construction Companies, Economics of Construction, Project Evaluation, Real Estate Business, Public Policy in the Construction Sector, Construction Performance.
4. STRUCTURES: Structures, Earthquake Engineering, Testing Techniques for Structures (steel, concrete, wood, etc.), Metal Structures, Reinforced Concrete, Wind, Earthquakes, Pathologies in Construction, Durability, Rehabilitation of Structures, Structural Concrete. (Not included: Structural Design, Structural Modeling).
5. CONSTRUCTION SCIENCES: Chemistry, Material, Concrete, Steel, Corrosion, Acoustics, Acoustic Materials, Physics of Construction.
6. MATERIALS: Asphalts, Steels, Wood, Composite Materials, Concrete, Concrete Technology, Cement, Construction Materials, Nanotechnology in Construction, Innovative Materials, Pathologies in Materials, Digital Manufacture,
Automation in Construction.
7. ENGINEERING: Engineering (Geotechnics, Structures, Numerical Modeling), Geotechnics, Soils.
8. TECHNOLOGY: Construction of Buildings, Construction Technology, Innovative Technology, ICTs in Construction, Building Information Modeling (BIM).
Vol 15, No 2 (2016)
Table of Contents
|DETERMINANTS IN THE ADOPTION OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) IN THE CONSTRUCTION SECTOR|
|Javier García-Bernal, Nieves García-Casarejos|
|Study of the applicability of TiO2 as a decontaminating agent over treated metal surfaces|
|Juan de Dios Fernández|
|Liquefaction potential of sand tailings dams evaluated using a probabilistic interpretation of estimated in-situ relative density|
|Gabriel Villavicencio Arancibia, Pierre Breul, Claude Bacconnet, Andy Fourie, Raúl Espinace|
|Evaluation of the vibration performance response of insulating floor panels under human walking conditions|
|Alexander Opazo, Peter Dechent, Patricio Cendoya, Cristian Molina|
|Strut reaction forces on a diaphragm wall: Comparison of numerical models, traditional methods and field measurements|
|Dennis Raddatz, Gonzalo Suazo, Oscar Taiba|
|Static load behavior and energy absorption of safety guardrails for construction works|
|Alfonso Cobo Escamilla, María Nieves González García, Nuria Llauradó Pérez|
|Application of ICT in the processes of design and construction of an Orthodox Church|
|Luis Gimenez Mateu, Isidro Navarro Delgado, Galdric Santana Roma, Ernesto Redondo Dominguez|
|Life cycle assessment of building construction materials: case study for a housing complex|
|Assed Naked Haddad, João Gabriel Gonçalves de Lassio|
|WOODFRAME: LIGHT FRAMING HOUSES FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES|
|Victor Almeida De Araujo, Juliana Cortez-Barbosa, José Nivaldo Garcia, Maristela Gava, Christine Laroca, Sandro Fábio César|
|Comparative study on high-strength structural elements and CNT additions|
|Jose María del Campo|
|Analysis of the quality control planning in residential construction projects in Spain|
|José Manuel Mesa Fernández, César Pacios González, Valeriano Álvarez Cabal, Joaquín Villanueva Balsera|
|First generation highways. Participation loans valuation in the framework of real options|
|ANTONIO LARA, ANTONIO SÁNCHEZ SOLIÑO, Rubén Galindo Aires|
|Comparison of properties of prefabricated interlocking pavement blocks cured at different conditions|